Tuesday, February 17, 2009

30 Line Orphan Song

Thirty Line Orphan Song
I’m not an orphan
 Though my folks are gone 
Left me with a softness
 In the center, 
Their lilt to a laugh 
 No orphan in that blood
 Still flowing through Veins 
mixing vintages Into a varietal of temperment 
Can’t or won't fake those
 Sometimes you will see them
 Without searching too hard
 A certain tilt of the head 
When lifting up a kid
 Or kneeling in the loose dirt
 Orphans don’t look Like my Mother 
When she explained
 How mistakes are not permanent
 Such a difference for me 
 Love doesn’t always last 
But the bond stays strong 
In these chromosomes 
Things handed down
 We hold like a fledgling
 I’m no orphan
 Not in this album
 Tattooed in my memory 
Cobalt indelible inside
Not an orphan, never

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home