Friday, May 21, 2010

What I Know

What I know 

I see your dark lashes when you sleep
 And love the soft turns of your body
 I know the feel of your lips
 And the lilt of your shy laugh
 But there is more
 More I have felt and heard
 I can hear your grandpa speaking
 About the wisdom of condoms 
Feel the touch of your brother
 As he sought a current in your small arm
 I know the joy of your escapades in another man’s arms
 Of the good days and the heartache 
And how your children make you glow
 How their sight and smell are burned deep
 The easy grace of motherhood on you
 I know how you move your legs
 Under the dinner table, fighting nerves 
I know your memories
 see a sad mother Suffering the greatest loss imaginable
 Know how you were smart but lost
 I know how you use books like blankets
 Covering your pain and soothing your spirit
 I know how your eyes light when watching Drama
 and the tears that drift quietly When your heart overflows
 I know how the word touches your soul
 It is where I want to go, to find you
 I know you sometimes love me like a supernova
 But I also know there are days that I do not exist,
 buried in the sadness
 Just a seed, waiting to germinate again
 I understand why others fantasize 
About the dark beauty with the kind eyes
 I know how you suffered on lonely nights
 Wishing it was different, wanting something
 I know your soul is restless
 Your heart is purple sweet with love 
I know I love you beyond reason
 Beyond the bounds of my own imagination
 But I know you may not always believe plain words
 I know you may turn away from me someday
 I know today is not that day I know today is not that day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home