Friday, February 12, 2010

Routines

Routines


 I rose and plodded into the pre-planned Shower-water
 Today no shampoo, tomorrow yes 
Dried with the beige towel
 Fitted on my comfortable sensibles
 Sat before measured oatmeal
 Filled a thermos with coffee 
Placed an apple, an orange, a banana
 Into a recently washed clothe bag
 Drove 5.5 miles to the reservoir
 Put on my certain soft shoes 
Walked 2.4 miles around
 Looked at the lake at given points 
Searched for the blue heron
 Listened to the geese in flight
 Drove 5.8 miles to work
 Listened to that morning show
On radio, mostly Mozart 
Parked underground, gave up my keys
 Walked approximately four blocks 
Put a badge around my neck
 Entered through the same door
 Road the steel elevator to the basement
 Checked my e-mail, opened a window
 Drank the coffee and thought of you
 Of that night we became eachother
 Holding on and letting go
 Loving with reckless abandon
 That love smashed down the fences
 Roared out over the Pacific Ocean
 Turned the tight spool of my heart
 Into a whirring blur of line
 Like taking a blue marlin On heavy-test
 In the Sea of Cortez
 I soared above the San Gabriels
 Head up, breathing sweet clean air
 Heart pounding, blood coursing
 Like wild horses exploring the canyon floor
 At a full gallop without concern 
For the next bend in the trail 
No bounds, no boundaries
 Not a care in the world
Except when will I see you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home