Monday, June 15, 2009

garden song

Inch by inch, row by row 
Gonna make this garden grow 
All it takes is a rake and a hoe
 And a piece of fertile ground
 Inch by inch, row by row 
Someone bless these seeds I sow
 Someone warm them from below
 Till the rain comes tumbling down
 Pulling weeds and picking stones
 Man is made of dreams and bones
 Feel the need to grow my own
 Cause the time is close at hand
 Grain for grain, sun and rain
 Find my way in nature's chain
 Tune my body and my brain 
To the music from the land 
Plant your rows straight and long
 Temper them with prayer and song
 Mother Earth will make you strong
 If you give her love and care
 Old crow watching hungrily
 From his perch in yonder tree
 In my garden It's as free 
As that feathered thief up there
-David Mallet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home